Sunday, July 12, 2009

Terveet Kadet - 2 one sided EP's ('80 & '81)

Terveet Kadet are one of the longest lasting Finnish hardcore bands. If I am not mistaken, they still play today. My friend Bonedog described seeing them play here in the States in '85, mentioning the presence of skin tight spandex and teased hair. That aside, I remember buying some of their "newer" records a good 15 years ago, and digging what I heard. In 1980, Terveet Kadet debuted with a 1 sided 7" EP titled "Rock La Hausta Vastaan," followed by another 1 sided EP released in 1981 which was self titled. I have compiled both 1 sided EP's for your pleasure. Terveet Kadet were one of the earliest hardcore bands on the scene in Finland, the only other hardcore bands at that time were Lama, Idiooti and Nolla Nolla Nolla, who I will share with you later. Both of these recordings sound a lot like American thrash pioneers Middle Class, with harsher vocals. After these 2 records, Terveet Kadet took on more of a Discharge inspired sound, and later on, began to adopt more metal leanings. I still need to give more of their later material a fair listen, I did enjoy the records these guys released in the 90's.

tracks:
1. Mina Haluan Poljon Rahaa
Joutuka Sielut
Vapaa Pohjola
Mull On Liian Lyhyt Sanky
Ei Enaa Koskaan Sotaa
Kaks Vihreaa Polkupyoraa

download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O2TK25J5

No comments:

Post a Comment